Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Best Golf Stretching Exercises? Get Warmed Up Right Before Tee Off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The Best Golf Stretching Exercises? Get Warmed Up Right Before Tee Off!

Warming up correctly before any sport is a must and golf is no different. The golf swing uses every muscle in the body so it's vital to be thoroughly warmed up before you make your first golf swing. I have tried numerous golf stretching exercises and know what has worked for me and what hasn't.

Here are my top 3 golf stretching exercises that will get you warmed up and ready to go before your next game of golf.

(1) Overhead reach with golf club - Take a golf club and hold onto both ends. Hold above your head with arms fully extended and pull back behind your head as far as you can go. Hold for about 10 seconds and really feel the stretch around your shoulders and upper back.

(2) Squatting back stretch - Take a golf club and sit it upright in front of you touching the ground. Hold the top of the grip with both hands and arms fully extended, back straight and squat down as far as you can. You should feel a great stretch around your rib cage, thighs and hamstrings.

(3) Glutes stretch - Take a golf club and sit it upright in front of you touching the ground. Hold the top of the grip with one hand, while standing bring one leg up and put it across the opposite leg just above the knee. Keep your back straight and push your chest out as much as possible and hold for about 10 seconds. Change sides and put the opposite leg over the other and hold again for 10 seconds. This is one of the best golf stretching exercises as it really warms up the glutes and the lower back.

Never underestimate the importance of stretching before a round of golf. It helps to eliminate the chance of injury as well as aiding in flexibility with your golf swing.

Give these golf stretching exercises a try just before your next round of golf and see what a difference they can make for you.

Re: What Are The Best Golf Stretching Exercises? Get Warmed Up Right Before Tee Off!

is this nomber 3?

Comment

Re: What Are The Best Golf Stretching Exercises? Get Warmed Up Right Before Tee Off!

Try some short game practice for warming up...

Comment

Short game is a good warm up. It also warms up your mental game - feel to your clubs and swing.

For warm up one could also do slow motion swings - kind of check that all joints are flexible enough for the game - this is for us "not so young".

Comment

Originally posted by cyc53870 View Post
          Try some short game practice for warming up...
          I agree with this one. Try it...

Comment

Working...
          X